Saturday, June 9, 2012

25 weeks!

Yesterday, I came in at 25 weeks preggo and had my normal monthly checkup with the midwife. I'm happy to report everything looked and sounded healthy! My vitals were good, and baby Jedidiah's heartbeat was at 140 bpm (normal is anywhere between 120-160bpm). I've gained about 17 pounds so far (!!) which has caused my stomach to feel extremely taut and my calves to swell up faster throughout the day. Not very pleasant side effects but all normal I suppose. It's truly fascinating how the body changes to accommodate the little precious life growing inside.
Speaking of growing, baby Jed is doing just that! He is about 13 1/2 inches from head to heels and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds which is apparently the weight of an average rutabaga. He's also kicking/moving a little more regularly each day, usually when I'm sitting or lying down.
Yesterday was also a special day as we got to finally see our friends, Peter and Melissa, for the first time after having their beautiful baby girl, Cadence Brielle, three weeks ago! It was so wonderful catching up with Melissa and having her share her motherhood experience with me thus far. It made both me and Rich even more excited for Jedidiah to come out of the womb and into our arms. Can't wait!


25 week baby bump

No comments:

Post a Comment