Monday, February 20, 2012

So, a little late posting this entry, but oh well. Better late than never...

Last Friday was my first prenatal appointment at Shadelands Kaiser. I ended up meeting with one of the midwives, Katharine Aldrich, who turned out to be very comfortable to be around and reassuring through the whole examination. She gave me what I assumed to be the usual prenatal physical exam and then at the end, my first ultrasound. It actually caught me off guard to suddenly see baby bean appear on the monitor; I guess I had no idea what to expect. All of a sudden I was seeing a glimpse of the wonderful miracle growing inside of me. He looked like all the pictures you see of babies at nine weeks, but of course when it's your little baby you're seeing, it feels like you've never seen anything so amazing. It truly was an awe-stopping moment, and I can't help but give praise to God, Creator of all.






Another praise to God I have to give is the fact that my yucky nausea has been waning. For the past couple of weeks I was having such a hard time eating food or finding foods that settled well in my stomach. Every day was such a pain to get through, and it made me so sad that I couldn't eat everything that I used to! Well, a couple days ago I forgot to take my prenatal vitamin and realized I felt so much better that day. I asked my midwife about it and she assured me that I could ease off on them until my 2nd trimester, as long as I took a folic acid supplement in place of the multivitamin. I think it's made a huge difference, proven this weekend on our little trip to Carmel and Monterey with our friends Peter & Melissa:

Our favorite breakfast/lunch place in Carmel is Carmel Belle, hands down! Not only is their food the freshest and tastiest food around, the place is dog friendly, so I always get to eye people's cute pets while enjoying my food :)



No food shown below, but we got to eat at our favorite dinner place in Monterey- Bistro Moulin- with our friends Peter & Melissa who are expecting their first baby in May!

......And more Carmel Belle below....




Thank you Jesus for letting me enjoy this wonderful food!


No comments:

Post a Comment